myki is convenient, flexible and automatically calculates the lowest fare for your journey.
Simply keep your myki topped up and you are always ready to travel.
- Convenient: Having one durable smart card means you do not have to carry change or buy tickets every day. Registered customers can set up auto top up for even greater convenience.
- Durable: myki cards are made of plastic and last for a number of years if looked after properly. Your myki stores value, so you should treat it like a debit card. Do not bend or punch a hole in your myki.
- Lowest fare: When using myki money, the system automatically charges you the lowest fare for your trip when you touch on and touch off. myki charges an initial 2-hour fare and your charges for additional travel are capped to a daily maximum.
- Flexible: You choose how you want to pay your fare by choosing either ‘pay as you go’ myki money or ‘pre-paid’ consecutive travel days with myki pass.
- Peace of mind: Register your myki to protect your card balance in the event the card is lost or stolen. Your money is safe from the moment you report your card missing.