myki card types
There are four myki card types available – full fare, concession, child and seniors.
When you buy a myki it has no value on it, so you need to top up before you travel.
Full fare - $6.00 purchase price
- 17 years and over and no concession entitlement
Concession - $3.00 purchase price
- VPT Student Concession Card holders*
- Pensioner Concession Card holders
- Disability Support Pensioners^ and
Carer Payment Recipients^
- Health Care Card holders
- Australian Interstate Seniors
Child - $3.00 purchase price
- 4 years to 16 years inclusive
Victorian Seniors - $3.00 purchase price#
- Victorian Seniors Card holders
You can top up at the time of purchase if buying online or via the myki call centre. Your myki will arrive with your chosen amount of value already loaded and be ready to use immediately. Register your myki for additional benefits.
*Students who purchase a Victorian Public Transport Student Concession Card receive a free concession myki when completing the application form.
^Disability Support Pensioners and Carer Payment Recipients receive their first myki card for free.
#Victorian Seniors receive their first myki card for free.